Gurgaon Action Plan
The Gurgaon Action Plan seeks to address the following top 10 governance questions:
- Do we have a robust responsive grievance system? Do we have accountability built in?
- Are councillors working by actively engaging and influencing as per the 74th amendment?
- Is the public transport system working? Is traffic management in place? Are the roads built for the needs of Gurgaon citizens?
- Are safety and discipline ensured?
- Is the water resources planning based on the needs of the city? Are the fault areas being addressed for future needs? Are water bodies, water sheds, rainwater harvesting pits and other water areas been taken care of to ensure ground water is growing?
- Is the waste MGMT system in place from source streets to final destination? Is processing happening to ensure smaller landfills? Is waste being reduced and recycled? Is malba been removed through a systematic approach?
- Are safety measures in place including street lighting CCTVs etc. Are the sensitive spots addressed? Is a responsive system in place?
- Do we have the platforms to promote sports, arts and culture in an inclusive way?
- Are air pollution and greening being addressed?
- Are healthcare and education needs being addressed for every single individual?
The answers to these questions could lead us to an effective system of governance and citizen engagement. Read more about our programs. GAP Programs